The Road Map to Freedom - Part 1
Transformation begins with the renewing of your mind. (see Rom. 12:2) Your behavior maps out a small "road" in your brain that creates a basic pathway for your thoughts. As you repeat a particular behavior, your brain builds a bigger "highway" that allows for an increased volume and frequency of thoughts to move about. The results in your day-to-day actions. In order to change your behavior, you must reprogram your brain. You have to deconstruct an existing highway and replace it with a new one. This is a process that takes time.
The bible teaches us to be transformed by the renewing of our mind through the power of God's Word. In time, the result is the formation of an entirely new neurological road map. Leading you to freedom from the past and to the better life you were meant to live.
God's Word gives us specific ammunition to fight specific idols that men face. Today we're going to see how scripture equips us to battle against the idol of CONTROL. Use these powerful verses to renew your mind and find your road map to freedom!
Fighting the Idol of Control with the Truths of Trust and Stewardship
Truths of Trust
- ISAIAH 41:10 » Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- JEREMIAH 17:7-8 » “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green,
and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.”
- PROVERBS 3:5-6 » Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
- MATTHEW 6:25, 33-34 » “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?... But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
- JOHN 14:1 » [Jesus speaking] “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me.
- PHILIPPIANS 4:6-7 » Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- 1 PETER 5:6-7 » Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
Truths of Stewardship
- GENESIS 2:15 » The Lord God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to work it and keep it.
- PSALM 24:1-2 » The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof, the world and those who dwell therein, for he has founded it upon the seas and established it upon the rivers.
- LUKE 12:48 » But the one who did not know, and did what deserved a beating, will receive a light beating. Everyone to whom much was given, of him much will be required, and from him to whom they entrusted much, they will demand the more.
- 1 PETER 4:10 » As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace.
This article is an excerpt from 33 The Series Volume 3: A Man and His Traps. View Session 1 of A Man and His Traps.