Understanding and being aware of these three different ways to connect with your wife is both perspective-changing and encouraging as you are freed to connect with her in different ways.
3 Ways to Relate With Your Wife:
1. Back to Back
- You’re not physically together; you’re in different places doing different things.
- You’re living the same values and fighting for the same causes.
- You’re both seeking the best for your family
- Even as you go, you know you have a partner who’s supporting you, thinking of you, and praying for you.
2. Shoulder to Shoulder
- You’re both tackling tasks or just doing something together.
- You’re getting things done alongside your wife.
- Strategically look for these opportunities to bless your wife.
- You can do things together without necessarily talking a lot.
3. Face to Face
- You’re directly engaged with, focused on, listening to, and sharing with your wife.
- Some guys can find it challenging and maybe uncomfortable to engage their wives at a heart level.
- Creating this dynamic is one of the greatest privileges you have as a servant leader.
- Embrace the opportunity to hear her heart and share your heart with her.
This article is an excerpt from the study 33 The Series Volume 5: A Man and His Marriage.
View the full Video and Training Guide for Session 1 of A Man and His Marriage for FREE.
CLICK HERE to view all 33 The Series resources.